Memorize Everything on this Page!
First and Most Important memorize your multiplication tables!!
Squares and square roots
Mean, Median, Mode and Range
Mean-The sum of all the items divided by the number of items in the set. Sometimes the mean is called the average.
Median-the middle value when the data are in numerical order. Or the mean of the two middle values if there are an even number of items.
Mode-The value, or values, that occur the most often. There may be more than one mode. When all values occur an equal amount of time, there is no mode.
Range-The difference between the least and greatest values in the set.
Adding Signed Numbers:
1. Signs are the same: (both positive or both negative)-Add the absolute values and keep the sign of the numbers.
2. Signs are different: (positive and negative)-Subtract the absolute values and keep the sign of the larger number.
Subtracting signed numbers:
1. Stay, change, change. Change the operation to addition and change the sign of the second number (number on the right).
2. Follow the two rules for addition.
Multiplying and dividing signed numbers:
1. If the signs are the same, the answer is positive.
2. If the signs are different, the answer is negative.